Information we collect
- Information you provide.
- If you choose to register via Facebook, you authorize Action to collect some Facebook account information such as your email address, name, date of birth, and profile photo.
- If you register via Google Sign-In, Action will collect your email address.
- If you register via Sign In with Apple, you may share your real email or a temporary email address, depending on your Apple account settings.
- In setting up your Action profile, you may add your own photos, home city, biography text, gender, sexual orientation, search preferences, settings, and other information. This data must be stored by Action to provide service, including displaying your profile to other users.
- Action also retains your chat history with other users and with Action customer care representatives.
- Data collected automatically. We automatically collect information about your device while using our service. This information includes your IP address, device ID (the unique identifier assigned to your device), Advertising ID (identifier assigned by your operating system) and type, browser information, operating system, access times, geographic location, and referring website address. The Device ID can’t be deleted or changed but your Advertising ID can be reset in your system settings.
- Cookies and pixel tags. When you visit our service we may assign cookies to facilitate personalization. We use these cookies to collect information about your activity on our services, including timestamps, clicks, and pages or screens viewed. We may also use this information to understand ad performance or show you advertisements for our services.
- Third party advertisers. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service and elsewhere. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any readable personal information to third parties. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How we use the information we collect
- Provide products and services for you to use and manage our business
- Analyze your usage of our services
- Provider customer support
- Communicate offers from our business to you
- Communicate offers from third parties to you
- Display and track advertisements
Sharing your information
- As with any matchmaking service, user profiles are created in order to be shared with other users. You can control what types and how much information you share by editing your profile. This may include photos, home city, name, age, gender, interests, and other profile details.
- We may share personal information with third parties to perform our services and analyses. These services may provide billing functions, marketing, analysis, advertising, customer care, user feedback, and other features relating to our business. These third parties do not have permission to use your personal information for other purposes or share your information.
- We may also share your information in response to law enforcement or government agency, in order to exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. We may exercise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- Information disclosure may be required in connection with a business transaction such as the sale of our business, divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
Do Not Track
DNT is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. There is no consensus yet on how the companies you encounter should interpret DNT. As a result, we do not change our practice when we receive a DNT signal.
How you can access and correct your information
If you have an Action account you can modify your personal information within the app settings. Additionally, you may send an email to email@example.com to request a copy of your information or to have your personal information deleted. We will do our best to comply with your request. However, in some circumstances we may not be able to provide or delete all personal information that we hold. In these cases we will respond to the request within 30 days with an explanation for the refusal.
In the following circumstances we may need to retain your information beyond the retention period:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
Your choices about the collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide personal information, but this may impact your experience with using the service. You can also clear cookies in your browser or app cache in your operating system, if this feature is permitted.
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, all computer systems contain some risk of security breach. Therefore, we cannot promise that your personal information or messages will always remain secure. You should also consider that users with whom you exchange messages are able to capture screenshots and share your chats and profile details, and we will not be able to protect against or notify of such behavior.
This policy is subject to change without notice. Please check back regularly in case of updates.